Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Monitoring My GAME Plan Progress

I have taken steps toward my goals and plan for integrating technology into my classroom. One of my goals in my game plan is to implement the new iPads into my curriculum. I have been researching applications available. The iPads are funded out of student accounts and not general funds; therefore, I cannot bring them home with me. Because my time is limited at school, I have been borrowing my son’s iPad to learn the technology that is currently available for classroom uses.

I just introduced a project-based Solar System project this past week. My plan is for my students to be able to use the iPads during the research process. This will allow students to use technology to enhance their learning and also a chance to do further research than the 2 hours a week they have for a laptop or desktop computer.

The information I still am compiling is the range of iPad applications that are currently available. Also, what assistive technology functions are available for my iPad? What applications is the most bang for the buck for my large English-learner population?

I am finding a lot of information needed for this goal. I would love my district IT support for ideas and I am researching on my own ways I can implement them. One issue I have is money. If we want applications that cost money, we have to get school administrator permission to purchase them. We could pay out of pocket and download them ourselves but we will not be reimbursed for the purchase.

2 comments:

  1. One way that I have gotten supplies for my classroom is through donorschoose.org This is a great website for teachers and you can create an account for free. You simply sign up and then create a wishlist that you would like for your cassroom and explain to possible donors why these would be important. Then anyone can donate towards your wishlist. I'm not sure what they have available application wise but they may have gift cards you can choose from and even some of the chargers or docking stations you may need. I have received many things for my classroom inclduing digital carmeras, voice recorders, video cameras and memory cards. So it's worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the website information. I will go on and look into this.

    ReplyDelete